The most salient step in evolving any eCommerce SEO game plan is Keyword research. Being the foundation stone of any SEO strategy, it aids with administering the variety of content to be optimized. No turnover benefit can be gained by combining an excellent keyword with a deteriorated SEO strategy. So, a proper balance between both aspects is a must for achieving the company’s goals.
What Are Keywords?
To understand the concept in a better way, you must have a powerful insight into the related terms.
- Keywords– In the context of search engines, a keyword is a word or a phrase that an internet user puts into the search bar to get the answer to his question. They are important to be targeted because they are a part of the metadata of the web page. They guide the search engine to show a website according to the appropriate search query.
- Longtail Keywords: Keywords with more than three words are longtail keywords. According to SEO software, Moz.com, 70% of the online searches are made using longtail keywords. For example- if your user searches for “best face cream for the night” then it is a longtail keyword. On the other hand, if one searches for “night cream” then it is simply a keyword.
How to do keyword research is dependent on the following ways: –
- Beginning from zero with your research
- Observing the rivalry
Choosing good factors to depend upon various relevant factors such as: –
- Search Volume: You have to be unique in terms of searching for keywords while contrasting search volume to rate hard in terms of the website’s domain authority.High search volume means a huge number of people are searching for that particular word.The basic tip that might take you to the right path in choosing a word with 20+ monthly searches (yeah, that’s the least you can go for.)
- Ranking Difficulty: The higher the ranking difficulty, the more difficult to compete on those keywords. It can be decided as per the domain authority of your website. If you are a beginner, then you must stay focused on the lower end of the difficulty of keywords. It would be helpful to get an enhanced idea of the market. Gradually, you can equip yourself with experience and knowledge to get into the real battle world.
- Search Relevance: Not all eCommerce websites are the same. If a list of keywords is working well for another type of eCommerce brand, it doesn’t mean it would be suitable for your company. For that consider the relevance of a keyword for your business. There are many general keywords or also called head keywords that are very high in traffic but low on specific intent. For example, a user when searches for ‘goggles,’ doesn’t show their clear intent. They have just begun the buying cycle.
Steps To Find Keywords For Your eCommerce Products
Go To Amazon.com
It is the biggest eCommerce platform in the 21st century. According to many studies, now buyers first make their search on Amazon rather than clicking on Google. This implies us to the path of following their direction for our eCommerce brand as well. Starting your keyword research with Amazon is important as it will tell you about famous searches among people. You can take a look at products of all categories.By selecting one category, take a look at the left sidebar of the page. You would come across a lot of words written. They are your keywords.
Moreover, you can also analyze the title and description of the products. You would get longtail keywords from them. Moving a little below of that product’s page, you can also analyze the Customer also bought section. This will make you a pro of cross-selling in your online store.
Google can also solve this keyword searching problem. Start typing about your products on Google.com and you will see some suggestions popping below the write-up. When you would search for a particular product, you also come across “Searches related to—” Pay special attention to those phrases also- they can be very high—performing keywords.
Using Keyword Searching Tools
From the above two steps, we have found a good number of keywords from Google and Amazon. Now, it is time to use effective keyword tools like Google Keyword Planner and Ubersuggests. They can be specially used to get an idea of the search volume for the keywords we have collected from these two sources and also for the new ones suggested by it.
Your research for the eCommerce site will not be complete until you refine your keyword list. It is like proofreading a blog. You have to double-check the list you have formed. For every keyword ask yourself whether it is right to wrong. Introspect its relevance according to your online store. Will those be appropriate for your webpage?
You might focus on a handful number of keywords, but it is better to select more keywords. Having a broader list of extra keywords will give you more options and an effective choice to make.
How To Target These Keywords?
As of now, we have collected keywords with good search volume. Now, the next step is to make a content strategy. For that, you can first what your competitors are doing and plan to do one step ahead of them. Find a list of some websites with high domain authority so that you can approach them and get your content published on their websites to get high-quality backlinks. Moreover, uploading error-free content on the landing page and social media platforms is another effective approach that has become indispensable. You have to make the research for the eCommerce site for your user result-oriented.
Don’t forget to update your keyword list with time. Your keyword list should be updated. Another tip- don’t expect results within the initial period. Getting results from digital marketing for Ecommerce website takes time. It is like sowing a seed. So, giving time for the seed to grow is important.